M&K plants divert Construction and Demolition waste from landfill by separating the waste into materials such as Hardcore, Soils, Wood(s), Metals, Stone, Cardboard, Paper and Plastic at the lowest possible cost per ton.
M&K Construction and Demolition Waste Recycling Systems combine manual as well as automated sorting with the latest in feeding, screening & separation technology, allowing contractors to efficiently separate, sort and recover a wide variety of material types.
How is Construction and Demolition Waste created?
- Home Builders and Development Companies
- Home Renovators
- Civil Works
- Government Infrastructure Works
What is Construction and Demolition Waste?
C&D Waste is typically collected in open skip bins from construction or demolition sites and generally will include:
- Fines (soils, sands, etc)
- Timber (pallets, form boards, and off cuts)
- Plastics (pipes, cable reels, buckets, films, etc)
- Rubble (brick, concrete, asphalt etc)
- Non – Recyclable Rubbish (carpets, textiles, tyres etc)
- Mixed Metals (both non ferrous and ferrous)
- Other materials such as plastics, glass, building panel boards, insulation etc, which may be considered waste or a resource depending on volumes and local markets.
Basic Functional Requirements of C&D Waste Recycling Systems
- Modular Construction to facilitate expansion
Basic Equipment Requirements of C&D Waste Recycling Systems
A trommel screen is a rotating cylindrical screen used to separate materials by size. Material is fed into a trommel screen and passes over a series of screens containing specific hole sizes. The undersize material falls through the screen apertures, while the oversize is discharged out of the end of the drum.
M&K Picking Belts have been designed with durability, maximum production and employee comfort in mind. Manual sorting or picking involves operatives removing selected items of recyclable waste from a conveyor picking belts and placing it into a storage bay/bin. Sorting can take place in an open air environment or in enclosed picking stations.
M&K Picking Stations are bespoke constructions designed to enable the manual separation of recyclables within an enclosed and controlled environment, by operators working at a conveyor line that passes through.
If you have a product/service enquiry or if you are looking to invest in a new piece of waste machinery, please contact us and a member of the M&K team will contact ASAP.
By telephone +44 (0)28 87 758 396
By email for sales enquires [email protected]
55, Cappagh Road,
Galbally, Dungannon, Co Tyrone