M&K were chosen by Yorwaste to design, manufacture, install, commission & support their new Construction & Demolition Waste, Commercial & Industrial Waste & Municipal Solid Waste Waste Recycling Plant.
The new Waste Recycling Plant utilises the latest technologies to reduce operating costs and boost performance.
M&K were awarded the contract to design, manufacture, commission & support Yorwaste’s new Commercial & Industrial Waste (C&I), Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) & Construction & Demolition (C&D) Recycling Operation in Harewood after being nominated Yorwaste’s preferred supplier through Yorwaste’s comprehensive & rigorous tendering process. Some of the tendering process measurement criteria included;
- process knowledge,
- system design,
- life cycle services,
- health & safety considerations
- & user training capabilities.
Also as part of the tendering process Yorwaste visited several reference sites and visited M&K’s new 65000 sq feet technology centre in Dungannon.
- Commercial & Industrial Waste (C&I)
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Construction & Demolition Waste (C&D)
- poor reliability of existing system
- poor throughput of existing system
- need to increase efficiencies and flow of materials
- boost the output of saleable reclaimed materials
M&K designed, manufactured, installed, commissioned & support a waste recycling system that combines a number of Separating, Recovery & Shredding modules including;
- FBS1200 Feeder c/w variable speed
- STS1225 Trommel c/w fines collection system + fe recovery
- 7 bay recovery system c/w Enviro Cabin & Air Purification System
- STS1225 Trommel
- MK Electrical Panel
- + a number of link conveyors.
Due to the high quality of the M&K system, Yorwaste were able to maximise the utilisation of their new building by positioning the recovery system outside therefore maximising the floor space for feedstock & recovered material storage.
- greater throughput
- improved recycling rates
- reduced landfill costs
- reduced operating costs
- increased revenues
- increased profitability